martes, 30 de junio de 2009

When you leave before it was expected


Dear Baby,

For some mysterious reason you chose me to be at your birth. And you chose me to be at your death.

For some mysterious reason your mother and father chose me to be at your birth. And they chose me to be at your death.

For some mysterious reason I chose to be at your birth. And I chose to be at your death.

Dear baby, who am I to judge whether a shorter life is worth any less than a longer life?

Who am I to decide that the minutes, hours, days, you spent on our earth were too little? They were enough, for you, they were enough.

For some mysterious reason, your short time with us was all that you needed.

I honor your life and I bow before you, honoring your destiny.

I place you in my heart and I bring you into my life, through your life, through your death.

I honor your life, as short as it was.

I honor your destiny.


(To those who left before their time, to the mothers and fathers who watched them and to the midwives who held witness)

2 comentarios: